How we are making your visit to Salisbury Playhouse safe
We are delighted to be re-opening the doors again this Autumn and the whole team have been working hard to put the necessary adjustments in place to make your visit safe, comfortable and entertaining.
These are some of the changes we have made to ensure a safe experience for audiences, staff and performers and follow government guidance:
- The capacity of the main house at Salisbury Playhouse will be reduced from 512 to 148, with audiences sitting in their household bubbles across the auditorium and with some rows completely removed. This adjustment allows for lots of leg room and tables for refreshments, some have likened it to a first-class experience!
- Temperature checking and hand sanitising will happen when entering the venue.
- Performances will not have intervals for your comfort and to avoid queuing.
Wiltshire Creative is also following guidance from industry advisers, UK Theatre, who have launched the following See It Safely guidelines:
- Tickets are only available in fixed groups, where 1, 2, 3, 4 or 6 tickets are seated together and each group is distanced from other groups in the auditorium. Every other row is not for sale and has been removed, allowing for greater access along the aisles. All tickets within a group must be purchased by one booker and each group must consist of one household or support bubble.
- Transactions will be cashless and paperless with one way systems, disposable glassware, multiple hand sanitiser stations and enhanced cleaning processes in place throughout the venue.
- If you or a member or your party cannot attend an event because you are ill with symptoms of COVID-19, in the first instance, you can request the value of your tickets to be put as credit on your Wiltshire Creative account. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org 24 hours before the scheduled performance and we will be happy to help. Refunds are also possible.
- As part of your online booking, you will have had the opportunity to pre-order drinks and ice creams from a list of options which will be waiting for you in the auditorium.
Click here to view all of our Terms and Conditions
Tickets should be purchased online or at Salisbury Arts Centre (Tuesday to Saturday from 11am - 3pm)
Ticket enquiries or bookings can also be made by emailing email@example.com
- Tickets can only be purchased in advance.
- If we are required by any COVID-19 government guidance or restrictions to cancel a performance, tickets may be exchanged or refunded.
Wheelchair Users or Access Support
Our team will be on hand to provide Access services and additional support during your visit.
We are also pleased to offer wheelchair spaces at all performances but these must be booked via email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to book a group that includes a wheelchair user, or have any specific access requirements, these must be booked via email email@example.com and we will be happy to help.
We will contact you by email ahead of your visit to update you on procedures, but please check back here for information which may have been updated since your booking was made. Please read the information provided. It will ensure you have everything you need to enjoy your visit to our venue, as a few things have changed since you were last with us!
When using public transport, please follow government guidance.
We are easily accessible by foot or by bike . Parking is free after 6pm in Salisbury.
ENTRANCE TO THE BUILDING & DOORS OPENING
For Salisbury Playhouse please follow signage and use the side doors nearest City Hall for entry. Please queue responsibly and remember to socially distance. Doors to the building and auditorium will be opened 20 minutes before performances/screenings. You will be greeted by members of our staff team and ushers, who will help you with the procedures below. From the foyer you are requested to go straight to your seats.
TEMPERATURE CHECKING ON ARRIVAL
Audiences will have their temperature screened upon arrival and we hope this adds to the safe experience we wish for all of our audiences, staff and performers at Wiltshire Creative. If we assess (at our sole discretion) that your temperature is 37.8C or higher, you and those who were to be part of your fixed group of tickets will not be allowed to enter the venue and the face value of your tickets will be refunded within 7 days. Temperature data is only processed for the purpose of assessing condition for entry to our event, and this information is not retained in any way.
TICKET CHECKING ON ARRIVAL
You will be required to show your ‘ticket’ on a mobile device when arriving at the theatre for scanning. Alternatively, you can bring a printed version, but please take this home with you. If you don't have the means to do either of the above please note down and bring with you the code below the barcode on your tickets. The ticket sales team will be there to help with any enquiries, but the box office will not be open for sales at performances.
Do I need to wear a face covering?
Yes, these are mandatory throughout the venue. You will not be required to wear a face covering if: you are under the age of 11, you have a physical or mental illness or impairment, or a disability that means you cannot put on, wear or remove a face covering; or putting on, wearing or removing a face covering would cause you severe distress.
How long are most of the events?
We have programmed events that are no longer than 2 hours and 20 minutes to avoid discomfort. For your safety there will be no intervals and performances/screenings will end before 10pm.
REFRESHMENTS & ICE CREAMS
Your pre ordered refreshments will be delivered to your seats in the auditorium (our workshop team have been hard at work building tables for a luxury experience!) You can collect your pre ordered ice cream (and choose a flavour) from the Hawkins Bar before you enter the auditorium.
TAKING YOUR SEATS
Please maintain a distance of 2 metres when queuing to take your seats. Whilst the capacity in the auditorium has been greatly reduced, you may need to pass someone to take your seat, with new wider aisles you will have enough space to do this safely.
Toilets will be open throughout the performance for you to use.
Please note we are unable to provide a cloakroom and request you only bring what you need.
This will be facilitated at the discretion of the duty manager.
You will be informed by an announcement or an usher when it is safe to leave your seats. Please maintain social distancing as you exit the building.
For the safety of the audience, staff and performers you must not attend the venue if you:
· believe you may be infected with COVID-19;
· have experienced symptoms in the last 14 days;
· have been in close proximity to anyone who has experienced symptoms in the last 14 days
· have arrived in England in the last 14 days
· have been instructed to self-isolate.
Any individual who considers themselves to be clinically extremely vulnerable or who is in the same household or support bubble as someone who considers themselves to be clinically extremely vulnerable is advised not to attend.