Make a Skirt in a Day
Saturday 9 March, 10am - 4pm
Learn how to make a simple skirt in a day with Teri Buxton from our Wardrobe Department. Throughout the day you will be making a gathered skirt with a waistband, zip, and handy pockets! This versatile skirt is perfect for your spring/summer wardrobe and looks great on all body shapes. The workshop is aimed at beginners or intermediates who want to have a go at dressmaking.
In one day you will learn how to:
- Take Measurements.
- Understand simple pattern instructions.
- Make and insert pockets.
- Make an interfaced waistband.
- Put in a zip.
- Fit and finish your garment.
Please bring the following with you:
- 2.5m of fabric. This can be 112cm (44”) wide or 150cm (60”) wide. Lightweight to medium-weight fabric. For example: cotton, shirting, linen, chambray, and double gauze.
- A 10" regular zip to match your fabric.
- Sewing machine thread to match your fabric. There will be a range of threads available on the day however if you would like a thread that matches your fabric perfectly please bring this along with you.
Interfacing and all tools/sewing machines will be provided.
Please note: the pattern we will be using goes up to a size 26 (waist approx 47")
Tickets £50 (plus materials)
Tickets and times
Saturday 9th March10:00am