Wiltshire Creative Pottery @Home Packs
POTTERY @HOME PACKS
We’re excited to introduce our new Pottery @Home packs, a chance to work creatively from the comfort of your own home. These packs can be purchased below and collected from Salisbury Arts Centre and make the perfect activity for any age. If you’re not sure what you’d like to create, alongside the clay you’ll also receive instructions for a couple of simple projects. For £8, the cost also covers the first (biscuit) firing. Biscuit firing hardens the clay in the kiln so you can then paint your creation for the perfect matt finish.
Purchase a Pottery @Home Pack for the day you intend to collect it from Salisbury Arts Centre, you can collect at any time during opening hours (Tuesday to Friday between 11am and 3pm and on Saturdays between 10am and 4pm). You'll be sent a ticket for every pack you buy as proof of payment which you can show on your phone or tablet, or print a copy to show at our front desk.
If you would like your work fired you will need to be mindful of the following:
- when sticking two clay parts together always crosshatch (scratch the surface) and apply slurry (water and clay) and crosshatch again before making the joint
- hollow out your solid sculptures
- if making an enclosed hollow form make sure that you poke through a small hole for air/steam outlet
When you have completed your work:
- Make sure that you scratch visible initials onto the bottom of your piece
- Write the same initials and your email address or telephone number on the Pottery at Home box.
- Bring your clay art piece to us in the Pottery at Home pack cardboard box for firing.
We will contact you when it has been biscuit fired and is ready to collect.
Your piece will not be shiny because it will not be glaze fired. You can carry on with your creativity by painting and decorating your work using felt tips or acrylics paints.
If you would like to speak to us about larger clay projects for schools, community groups or private groups. Please contact Mirka@wiltshirecreative.co.uk
Tickets and times
Tuesday 22nd September11:00am
Wednesday 23rd September11:00am
Thursday 24th September11:00am
Friday 25th September11:00am
Saturday 26th September11:00am
Tuesday 29th September11:00am
Wednesday 30th September11:00am
Thursday 1st October11:00am
Friday 2nd October11:00am
Saturday 3rd October11:00am