Artist Support Programme
2021/22 will be a very different year for all of us and we at Wiltshire Creative acknowledge the challenges and constraints on Artists. We are re-modelling our Artist Support Programme to match the demand and changes on the industry.
Wiltshire Creative’s Artist Support programme aims to support artists at any stage of their career across all art forms and platforms as well as providing tangible support in the form of resources and funding for the development of independent work. We aim to enrich and develop the cultural identity of the South West region by enabling and empowering artists to create unique and tenacious work whilst existing within a robust, sustainable and supportive cultural climate.
2021/22 Events and Opportunities
- Mailing List stay up to date with the latest news and opportunities
- JMK Directors is a scheme that Wiltshire Creative has a long running relationship
- Venues South West is a scheme that Wiltshire Creative has a long running relationshi
To keep up to date with all Artist Support news and activities, please join our mailing here
Wiltshire creative and the JMK Trust are inviting local directors and theatre-makers interested in directing theatre to join their free ongoing talent development scheme, based at the two theatres. The aim is to:
- Create a hub for directors interested in making theatre.
- Provide access to exclusive workshop, training and development opportunities for emerging directors and makers.
- Create a chance for directors and makers to meet regularly, to network and to share ideas both regionally and nationally.
- The opportunity to apply for a Leverhulme Arts Scholarship, securing the chance to work as an assistant director on a professional production.
Dave Orme will head up the scheme at the Wiltshire Creative, working with JMK Regional Director Practitioner Nik Partridge to create a series of workshops, gatherings and events for theatre directors in the region throughout the year.
To join the group please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The JMK Trust was founded in 1997 in memory of a theatre director of thrilling promise, James Menzies-Kitchin, who died suddenly and unexpectedly at the age of 28. It runs the annual JMK Young Director’s Award and works with theatres around the UK in its regional programme to discover and support emerging theatre directors. Our assistant director bursary, funded by The Leverhulme Trust Arts Scholarships Award, is another part of our work which enables directors to learn new skills through practical experience. For more details about what we do please visit www.jmktrust.org.
We are a network of venues and organisations in the South West who support artists, working together to enable quality work, better communication and touring in the region to develop the South West theatre sector, led by Wiltshire Creative and The Bike Shed Theatre, Exeter.
Over the last year, we’ve been meeting and discussing ways in which we can work together to better support artists.
The Venues South West Routes In document is the first outward step in that process. It is a direct rip off of the fantastic Venues North Routes In document. Containing venue and organisation contact details and programming information, it is an attempt to make getting in touch with venues that little bit easier.
We hope you enjoy it!