Wiltshire Creative and Salisbury Museum to recruit a panel of people living with disabilities
Access Panel Call Out
Wiltshire Creative and Salisbury Museum are recruiting a panel of people living with a range of disabilities to assist us on the development of accessible arts performances and heritage events.
We are looking for people who are excited by the idea of seeing a range of performances, events, exhibitions and sessions. In return we ask for your opinions and experience to advise us on how we can make our work and venues as accessible as possible for people with various access requirements.
No previous Access Panel experience or knowledge is necessary, but must applicants:
- Be over 18 years of age
- Be interested in attending a range of arts events
- Identify as living with a disability such as those listed below
- Happy to share your thoughts in a constructive way
We would love to hear from a range of local people – perhaps you live with a visual or hearing impairment, a physical disability, learning disability, learning difficulty, a neurodiversity such as Autism, or mental health condition such as P.T.S.D.
You may already be involved with the arts in Salisbury, someone with an enthusiasm for theatre, dance, music or visual arts, heritage and culture, or someone with no previous interest but who wants to try something new.
In return you can expect:
- Free tickets for you and 1 companion for selected performances, activities and exhibition entries
- The chance to share your expertise with a range of Salisbury arts and heritage organisations
- The opportunity to influence Salisbury arts providers and be part of a vibrant and welcoming group
Panel members would be expected to commit to attend a briefing meeting in October 2019, at least 2 events or performances over the course of a year, and a feedback session in June 2020.
If you are interested in being considered to be part of the Access Panel, please send an email, letter or call:
Georgie Batchelor, Take Part Coordinator on 01722 343030; email@example.com
Please explain briefly why the idea of becoming a member of the panel appeals to you (approximately half an A4 sheet). If you have any questions, please feel free to get in touch.
Deadline for applications: 17 September